Tuesday, January 8

NOTD: Leopards and ruffles

Finally had time to paint my nails! Aaaaand I decided to mix leopards and ruffles together. Maybe it's because I haven't painted my nails in such a long time that I have gone overboard on the nail art. But hey, I am so in love with this aaaaand I'm so proud of myself! SCRATCH THAT, I AM EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY PROUD OF MYSELF :D
Shown above is two coats of OPI's Don't Touch My Tutu. I love how it automatically turns in a French on my nails :) and to answer your question to why my ring finger's cuticle appears to be far longer than the others, it's to balance out the length with the others. Cause weirdly enough, it's just so much shorter than the others and when I have nail polish on, it just looks really awkward.
A solid white is achieved after four coats. Lots and lots of patience will be required for it to dry off completely layer by layer or the whole thing will just take hours to dry! Remember to let each layer dry before applying another :) Lucky for me, it's winter here in HK and every layer only took about 2 minutes to dry (no joke). And tbh, I wouldn't mind wearing this white alone because OPI's Don't Touch My Tutu isn't whiteout-white, it's grayish-white which is awesome because if it is whiteout-out, well.. it'll just look like you painted your nails in class with whiteout (which in my opinion, isn't classy at all!).
Here's how my left hand looks like. Ruffles on my thumb and pointer, leopard on the other. I was originally going with brown and nude but changed my mind and went with coral and black. I am so proud of my first attempt at leopard prints! Watched ChalkboardNails' tutorial and followed her easy steps. Click here to read/watch.
This is my right hand and I must say, I am beaming with pride at how neat it is :D normally, my right hand is just messy, messy, messy but not today! NOTE: I didn't even have to do any cleanups on my fingers because I didn't get extra bits of nail polish on :) *smirks*
Used Sephora's black and coral for the designs, OPI's top coat and OPI's Don't Touch My Tutu as base. And that's my two lovely dotting tools that I bought a while ago in Central with Tiffy and Astha. Here's another picture of it!!

20 comments :

  1. looks lovely! I used to love doing nailart ^^

    thesuckerforfashion.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i actually stopped for a really long time cause they were too much of a hassle but not this mani!

      Delete
  2. WOW it is SO neat!! you did an amazing job! I would definitely have to clean my fingers after doing 4 layers of white AND decorating with black and red. bravo Annick! <3 I also really like that white-gray color.
    Oh and at first glance at the first pic I totally thought you did a french nail art. haha I was deceived >.< tehe

    xo
    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you <3 yes the white is lovely! heehee i deceived a lot of people when i wore that alone..

      Delete
  3. That is crazy fun, chick!!! You have got some patience to pull that off! ;-)
    Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look gorgeous! esp the nude color <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its actually grayish-white :) thank youu

      Delete
  5. Lovely nails! :) And thanks for your comments on my blog! Happy new years back at you!

    http://cupidjazmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this colors and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! will check out your blog :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! ♥

IG @annick_lt | Twitter @annicklau